IDEAs: a new article database
We are pleased to announce a new article database, created and developed by the Library:
IDEAs – INSEAD Depository of e-Articles 1994-2007
which indexes 400 000 articles from the journals and magazines most used by our Faculty.
Why use IDEAs?
- It covers a broad range of topics in the areas of accounting, decision sciences, economics & political science, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, OB, strategy and TOM.
- Many articles are not indexed elsewhere.
- Its historical content can help you see where today’s ideas originated, how business ideas have evolved.
- ALL articles are available in pdf format from the library, unlike some commercial databases.
How can I get articles?
- Although all articles are in the library collection, copyright laws do not allow us to provide direct links to the pdf files.
- To get an article, just click on ‘Request article’ and it will be sent to you the same day on weekdays (the following Monday for requests on weekends).
Why a historical database?
- From 1994-2007, the Doriot Library catalogued every article published in the 400 journals and magazines used by the faculty.
- This service was stopped when e-journals and e-tables of contents became available.
- To make the most of this valuable archive, the Library developed an easy-to-use web interface with searching and browsing features, including permanent links to searches.
Try it now for your historical business and management research!